General Session Sponsor
Please see the brochure for session details.
Join us for the South Carolina Virtual Leadership Summit for Home Health, Home Care, Hospice, and Palliative Care on June 23, 2020. The day will begin at 9:00am with an opening keynote, “Leadership in the Time of COVID-19” by our industry's national leaders: Edo Banach, President and CEO of the National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization; Vicki Hoak, Executive Director of Home Care Association of America; and Bill Dombi, President of the National Association for Home Care & Hospice.
Bill Musick, President of Integriti3D and Hospice Governance Academy is presenting the High-Impact Governance Track. If your organization has a board of directors, make plans to attend this track. Your board members are invited to attend at a special rate!
12 concurrent sessions for home care, home health, and hospice will round out this day of virtual education.
6.5 Nurse Contact Hours will be offered. All sessions will be recorded and available on-demand.
15-minute breaks and a 45-minute lunch break will be provided. You will be sent the link to join as well as handouts and other materials at a future date closer to the conference. Those registering for the High-Impact Governance Track only will receive the link to join the General Session and Part I and Part II of High-Impact Governance. Those registering for the full conference will receive access to all sessions and they can choose which to attend.
9:00am-10:30am | Leadership in the Time of COVID-19
Edo Banach, President and CEO, NHPCO
Vicki Hoak, Executive Director, HCAOA
Bill Dombi, President, NAHC
- High-Impact Governance Track Part I, Bill Musick, President, Integriti3D and Hospice Governance Academy
- A1: Visit Challenges During COVID-19, Diane Link, RN, MHA, Owner, Link Healthcare Advantage
- A2: Employment Law: Exemptions and a COVID-19 Update, Patti Ramseur and Alex Maultsby, Partners in the Labor and Employment Group of Fox Rothschild, LLP
- A3: Strategies to Attract and Retain Top Talent, Eric Scharber, Principal, Exact Recruiting, a Simione Talent Solution
- High-Impact Governance Track Part II, Bill Musick, President, Integriti3D and Hospice Governance Academy
- B1: Home Health Medicare Billing - PDGM, COVID-19 & Beyond, Melinda Gabory, CEO, Co-Founder, Healthcare Provider Solutions
- B2: Holistic Approach to Alzheimer’s and Dementia, Sam Wiley, VP of Programs Alzheimer's Association, SC Chapter
- B3: The Future of Serious Illness Care (SIC) in the United States, Christopher Morrissette, COO of Palliative Care, Teleios Collaborative Network
- C1: The New, New Normal: Adapting to PDGM During COVID-19, Nick Seabrook, Managing Principal - Founder, BlackTree Healthcare Consulting
- C2: Advocacy: Getting Your Staff and Patients On Board, Melissa Allman, Director of Government Affairs, SC, BAYADA Home Health Care and Billy Routh, SCHCHA Lobbyist, Copper Dome Strategies
- C3: Keeping Up with Hospice Regulations, Barbara Provini, RN, BSN, Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC)
- D1: Leveraging CMS Policy Changes for Putting Our Patients Back in the Driver's Seat for Therapy Services, Clay Watson, MPT, Owner, Western Summit Rehabilitation
- D2: Compliance: Policy Surveys and Trends Update from SC DHEC, Candice L. Smith-Byrd, Program Manager I, SC DHEC
- D3: Hospice Legal Trends and Updates: How to Avoid Pitfalls, Maureen Murray, Partner, Fox Rothschild, LLP